With technology upgrading just about every accessory we have nowadays, it is becoming increasingly easy to upgrade even the simple joy of riding on a motorcycle. This review will go over some of the best motorcycle helmets with Bluetooth built in so you have an idea of what to look for. Spoiler Alert – Check out the best helmet we picked from Amazon now!
What are the benefits of having a Motorcycle Helmet with built-in Bluetooth?
- Talk to your passenger/let your passenger talk to you. Whether you are riding with a group of friends and you need to share directions between one another or you have a passenger with you who you want to be able to share a few comments with, having built-in Bluetooth in your helmet makes communication much easier and simpler. No more hand-gestures necessary.
- Pay attention to GPS. With Bluetooth, you can easily listen to the GPS navigation directions. Because checking a phone for GPS is extremely difficult, not to mention dangerous on a motorcycle, this is a great reason to go for a motorcycle helmet with Bluetooth built in. Get where you need to go by following those GPS directions hands-free.
- Listen to music. One thing an automobiles have always had one a leg-up over motorcycles is the radio music accessibility. Listen to your favorite jams while cruising on your motorcycle with a built-in Bluetooth helmet.
Helmets with built in Bluetooth vs Bluetooth kits:
- You will find Bluetooth kits that you can buy pre-made or with assembly required. You use the instructions to fit it onto your existing helmet. You can find large kits for multiple riders or simple packages with bluetooth headsets. Most of them are pretty simple to apply to your helmet and get started.
- The next types are motorcycle helmets with Bluetooth built in so the Bluetooth set will be set-up automatically and equipped within the helmet. This usually allows for better service and better fitting gear because they are packaged together by the same manufacturer. This is the type of helmets we will be reviewing in this article.
Find the right product for you, set it up with your devices and your friends’ devices, and get started. Read on to find out more about a few of the best motorcycle helmets with Bluetooth built in.
BILT Techno Bluetooth Full-Face Motorcycle Helmet
In our opinion this is the best value of all the helmets we have used and tested.
Drop-Down Sun Shield. The BILT Techno helmet has a lot of other features other than built-in Bluetooth such as the full-face design with a drop-down tinted sun shield. It can be paired with any other modular techno helmet plus it’s sturdy with its hi-tech injection molded poly-carbonate shell.
The BILT Full Face Helmet in Matte Black
Safety Meets Style. The chin mount has airflow ventilation which you can open and close plus fully removable lining and a chin deflector. With metal mesh rear exhaust vents and double d-ring safety fastening this helmet stands up to the test in a sleek, matte black design.
- Hi-tech injection molded poly-carbonate shell
- flat matte finish with metallic paint and double lacquer
- Integrated DWO-3 Bluetooth system with MP3 audio playback, intercom for rider to rider and rider to passenger
- Chin mounted airflow ventilation
Online Reviews. The customers of this helmet say it is of great quality, they enjoy the sound and the simple controls. The bluetooth, which is the most important thing in this article, is reviewed very well by Amazon users. The only con is it gets windy/noise from the wind at higher speeds.
O’Neal Commander Bluetooth Helmet
Listen to Music. This helmet comes equipped with two quality speakers and full stereo sound to listen to music as you are cruising. This is an added bonus to the Bluetooth capabilities.
Selection of colors for the O’Neal Commander Helmet
Great for Cold Weather. This full faced O’Neal Commander does the job well in cold weather and has little fogging because of the anti fog shield.
- Integrated Bluetooth helmet with rider to rider intercom
- DOT and ECE approved
- 10 hours talk time 130 hours standby time
- Anti scratch and anti fog shield
- Washable suede comfort liner
- 2 speaker with full stereo sound
Online Reviews. They say the speakers are very good but there is not much base. It is more of a value deal in that sense. It has great battery life and bluetooth is great for incoming calls, however a little tough to have clear conversations on the highway.
O’Neal Fastrack II Motorcycle Helmet with Bluetooth
Best Bluetooth of the Bunch. This bluetooth allows you to stream music via bluetooth and then stop the music to answer calls. Each rider can listen to their own music and make their own calls plus have rider to passenger capabilities. The PrePreg fiberglass with a helmet from nylon cross woven construction makes for a sleek and strong design with great capabilities.
The O’Neal Fasttrack II Helmet with Bluetooth
Innovation. This lightweight helmet has 6 sizes available to each rider can find the perfect fit. While many other brands will have single shell sizes, O’neal gives more options and uses an oversized spoiler to pull the buffeting away from the back of the helmet for a quieter ride.
- Fiberglass shell – lightweight
- Multi port flow-through ventilation
- Two multi-directional speakers with full stereo sound
- Washable comfort liner with technical fabric
User Reviews. There are a lot of features that users note on including the reduced fogging and the great ventilation. They say this O’Neal helmet is a value piece for the price. Another important comment is that it looks good and users receive compliments on it. One con is that the controls are a little difficult to use and the volume is low.
Click here to check the price on the O’Neal Fastrack II Helmet
In conclusion, finding one of the best motorcycle helmets with Bluetooth built in is becoming increasingly simple with today’s advancements. Today we have reviewed some of the top choices with different price ranges, features, and types of Bluetooth but all in all they are three highly recommended brands and types of helmets for any rider who wants rider to rider communication and the capability to listen to music and GPS while on the road. If you don’t want the hassle of connecting a store-bought Bluetooth to your current helmet, make the upgrade to one of these special helmets and begin riding with comfort.
My recommendation is the Bilt Techno Helmet as it has all the features you would want and a great low price. Buy it Here.